2511/20

While the fan vote will make up 10% of the voting, an expert panel’s views will be taken for the remaining 90%. For the ICC Spirit of Cricket Award of the Decade though, 100% fan voting will be considered. The voting lines opened at 13:00 hours GST on Wednesday November 25 and closes at 22:30 hours GST on December 16. Award winners will be announced next month and a special ICC Awards of the Decade digital show will be broadcast on the ICC digital channels. Among Indians, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, MS Dhoni, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mithali Raj and Jhulan Goswami have been nominated in various categories.The complete nomination list for the ICC Awards of the Decade are as below:Sir Garfield Sobers Award for ICC Male Cricketer of the Decade – The best overall performer in men’s international cricket (Tests, ODIs and T20Is) R Ashwin (India) Virat Kohli (India) Joe Root (England) Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka) Steve Smith (Australia) AB de Villiers (South Africa) Kane Williamson (New Zealand)Rachael Heyhoe-Flint Award for ICC Female Cricketer of the Decade – The best overall performer in women’s international cricket (Tests, ODIs and T20Is) Suzie Bates (New Zealand) Meg Lanning (Australia) Ellyse Perry (Australia) Mithali Raj (India) Sarah Taylor (England) Stafanie Taylor (West Indies)ICC Men’s Test Cricketer of the Decade James Anderson (England) Rangana Herath (Sri Lanka) Virat Kohli (India) Joe Root (England) Yasir Shah (Pakistan) Steve Smith (Australia) Kane Williamson (New Zealand)ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Decade MS Dhoni (India) Virat Kohli (India) Lasith Malinga (Sri Lanka) Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka) Rohit Sharma (India) Mitchell Starc (Australia) AB de Villiers (South Africa)ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Decade Suzie Bates (New Zealand) Jhulan Goswami (India) Meg Lanning (Australia) Ellyse Perry (Australia) Mithali Raj (India) Stafanie Taylor (West Indies)ICC Men’s T20I Cricketer of the Decade Aaron Finch (Australia) Chris Gayle (West Indies) Rashid Khan (Afghanistan) Virat Kohli (India) Lasith Malinga (Sri Lanka) Rohit Sharma (India) Imran Tahir (South Africa)ICC Women’s T20I Cricketer of the Decade Sophie Devine (New Zealand) Deandra Dottin (West Indies) Alyssa Healy (Australia) Meg Lanning (Australia) Ellyse Perry (Australia) Anya Shrubsole (England)ICC Men’s Associate Cricketer of the Decade Richie Berrington (Scotland) Peter Borren (Netherlands) Kyle Coetzer (Scotland) Paras Khadka (Nepal) Calum MacLeod (Scotland) Assad Vala (PNG)ICC Women’s Associate Cricketer of the Decade Kathryn Bryce (Scotland) Sarah Bryce (Scotland) Natthakan Chantham (Thailand) Sterre Kalis (Netherlands) Chanida Sutthiruang (Thailand) Sornnorin Tippoch (Thailand)Teams of the Decade (TOTD) will be finalised by the Voting Academy of journalists and broadcasters for five categories as below. ICC Men’s Test TOTD ICC Men’s ODI TOTD ICC Women’s ODI TOTD ICC Men’s T20I TOTD ICC Women’s T20I TOTD Members of the Awards Nominations Committee admitted it was tough shortlisting candidates for the awards. Former West Indies player and commentator Ian Bishop said, “It is extremely challenging to shortlist any group of excellent players over an extended period. In making these choices we have tried to put context to performances, even as the different formats have evolved in pace and style in a 10-year period.”--By A Cricket Correspondent

Comments

No Comments Yet